I have been playing with some yummy recipes lately and it has been so much fun!
One sweet and notable dish, that is SO simple to make and so delish, comes from Kris Carr’s recipe book called Crazy Sexy Kitchen (just released this past November.) I was blessed to hear Kris on stage at Marie Forleo‘s Rich Hot & Happy’s conference, where we also got a copy of this book!!! Damn, that conference was so freakin’ badddd assss! So thankful to have had the chance to attend it!
Anywho, just in case you are getting bored with your menu choices. Here is a low-cost and low-time suck recipe for you to dig your winter paws into!
Root Veggies Delight!
- 3 carrots (or half a small bag of pre-cut carrots)
- 3 red potatoes
- 1 large yam or sweet potato
- 1 butternut squash (buy pre-cut! lesson learned trying to chop it on my own!)
- 1 cauliflower head
- 1 tsp. curry
- 1 tsp. chili
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Set the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut veggies into 1 inch sized pieces.
- Drizzle some olive oil over the veggies.
- Drop them into the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- After they have softened, sprinkle the mixed spices over them and the turn ‘em over a little.
- Then, drop ‘em back into the oven for another 20 or so minutes. Taste to see if they are deliciously soft and ready to eat. Serves 6-8 people. Or, I like to keep them in the fridge and re-heat on the stove when I am looking for a quick snack!
My yummy root veggie delight!
My re-heat with brown rice! So yum. The dish can last up to a week!
P.S. Please share some of your favorites with me. Something quick and easy, otherwise, my eyes literally roll to the back of my head when it is too long to make or I cannot pronounce an ingredient!
Also, here is a song I was listening to as I put this post together! I LOVE Little Dragon! I have been playing them in my yoga classes a lot!